- Group Tours
- Visa Service
- Travel Insurance
- Contact Us
Tourist Visa for a Domestic Helper
One-stop Visa Application Service in Singapore
Tourist Visa for a Domestic Helper
A tourist visa to Japan is granted for a domestic helper holding a valid Singapore work permit accompanying her employer to Japan, for example, for taking care of her employer’s child(ren) during the trip or to assist elderly member(s) of the employer’s family. Domestic helpers intending to travel without their employers will not be eligible to apply for a visa in Singapore.
A tourist visa can be issued as a single or double-entry visa.
Required documents for Tourist Visa to Japan:
Documents required from a domestic helper:
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan. The form must be signed by hand (wet signature in blue ink)
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged by us
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status (scanned within last 5 days) which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play)
Documents required from the employer:
- Passport copy
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status (scanned within last 5 days) which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- Letter of explanation. The letter must be clearly explaining the necessity of the domestic helper to accompany the employer. Depending on the purpose of the domestic helper accompanying her employer, please, submit the following documents as prove of relationship: – Helper to look after employer’s children – a photocopy of birth certificate(s) of travelling child(ren). – Helper to assist elderly parents – a photocopy of birth certificate of the employer
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer in Singapore. Refer to the example of a company letter
- Bank statements showing the transactions for the last 2 months. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD. OR a certificate of income or tax payment issued by a public agency.
- Copy of an inbound and outbound flight tickets to Japan for all travellers (that include the the airline 6-letter booking reference) showing that the applicant is departing from and terminating in Singapore.
- A daily itinerary in Japan. Please, refer to the Japanese itinerary example on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- Guarantee letter for domestic helper.
- Authorisation letter
- Document checklist
Fees for Tourist Visa to Japan:
|Visa Type||Nationality||Consulate Fee (SGD)||Service Fee (SGD)||Total (SGD)|
BNO (British National Overseas)
Hong Kong S.A.R
Philippines (only for Temporary Visitor visa and Entertainer visa)
Romania (only for Temporary Visitor visa)
Processing time for Tourist Visa to Japan:
Normally, visa processing takes 5 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Consulate, provided that there is no particular problem with the content of application. Meanwhile, it may take longer than usual if a large number of visa applications converge at a short-time period. Therefore, we advise you to start planning your trip in advance.
If there is any problem with the content of the application, the Embassy/Consulate General transmits the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo for further examination. In such cases issuance of a visa may take more than a month. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.
Urgent or express service is not available with the Consulate of Japan.
Collection of your passport:
We will call you when your passport is ready to collect from our office.
If you don’t have time to collect your passport, we can also arrange delivery to your home or office.
Please enquire at the time of submission or over the phone.
Why VTL TRAVEL?
We are STB licensed Singapore tour agency
You don't need to fight for reservation slots
We check all the documents for you
You can save your time and energy
Any Questions? Contact Us Now
We are STB (Singapore Tourism Board) licensed tour agency. STB Licence Number: TA03084
Reach out to us
If you have any questions or enquiries about the visa or tour, you can always find us in the ways below:
We will get back to you within 3-4 hours. If it’s urgent enquiry, just simply call us for the faster reply.
Other Types of Visa:
FAQs about Visa to Japan
Who Needs a Visa for Japan?
Whether you have to apply for a visa before you travel to Japan, depends on two things:
- Your nationality: Citizens of several countries are exempt from holding a visa when they travel to Japan for short-stay purposes (tourism, social visits, business, etc). The policy allows them a visa-free stay of up to 90 days.
- The length and purpose of your stay: Even citizens of visa-exempt countries have to apply for a Japanese Visa if they want to enter the country for employment, studying, marriage, or any other long-term purpose, or a purpose which requires them to work.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Japan Visa?
Normally, a Japan Visa is processed within five working days, starting from the time that the Embassy or Consulate receives your completed application. However, if they need further documentation from you, it will take longer. If they have to refer your visa for further examination to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, then the processing time for your Japan Visa could be extended to over a month.
As such, make sure to start the application well in advance of the time you intend to travel.
I want to postpone my travel. Until when is my visa valid?
The period of validity of a single-entry visa (that becomes invalid as soon as once you enter Japan) is basically three months. Enter Japan within three months of the issuance of the visa. If you wish to postpone your travel for longer than three months, you will be required to make another visa application.
Why was my visa application not accepted?
If any of the following cases apply to you, your application may not be accepted.
- (1) Applications from persons holding Japanese nationality
- (2) The application is made to the Japanese Embassy / Consulate General outside your country (region) of birth or country (region) of residence
- (3) You currently hold a valid visa or re-entry permit
- (4) Your previous visa application to visit Japan for a specific purpose was rejected and you reapply to visit Japan for the same purpose within six months from the rejection
- (5) The visa application is already being processed at a different Japanese Embassy / Consulate General
- (6) There are some errors or omissions in the submitted documents
- (7) The period of validity or the visa attachment space of your passport is insufficient
- (8) The application is made by a person who does not have the qualifications to make a proxy application
- (9) An application for issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility is still pending