Business Visa to Japan
One-stop Visa Application Service in Singapore
Business Visa to Japan
A single or multiple-entry business visa to Japan is granted for individuals travelling to Japan for business purposes such as business talks, contract signing, after-sales service for machinery imported into Japan, etc.
To be able to apply for a multiple-entry visa, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
They are a passport holder of a one of countries from Near Middle East, Asia Pacific, East Central Africa, Europe and Latin America and have been holding a top-management position for a period of at least 1 year in a company, profile of which suites to one of the criteria below:
- A public listed enterprise (on the Stock Exchange of Singapore, Japan or another country);
- A national (state-owned) enterprise;
- A joint venture with a public listed enterprise in Japan;
- A company that has frequent trading with a public listed enterprise in Japan;
- A company that is a member of the local Japanese Chamber of Commerce with an operational base or contact address in Japan.
Spouses or children of applicants who meet the criteria above are eligible to apply for a multiple-entry visa to Japan as well.
A business visa to Japan usually is issued for a period from 1 to 5 years. The validity of the visa granted will depend on the applicant’s nationality, type of passport, the purpose of visit and travel history.
Required documents for Business Visa to Japan:
- Completed Japanese visa application form. It must be signed by hand (wet signature in blue ink). Please, refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan. The form must be signed by hand (wet signature in blue ink)
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) – can be arranged by us
- Original passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- A certificate of employment from the applicant’s employer or a Business Registration Profile from ACRA. Please refer to the example of a company letter
- Round-trip airline tickets
- A daily itinerary in Japan
- A letter of invitation from Japan
- If there are multiple applicants, a list of visa applicants
- If the inviter guarantees the expense for the trip, a letter of guarantee from Japan
- For the multiple-entry visa, a Multiple entry request form
- For the multiple-entry visa, a certificate of income or tax return issued by a public agency
- Authorisation letter
Fees for Business Visa to Japan:
|Visa Type||Nationality||Price (SGD)|
BNO (British National Overseas)
Hong Kong S.A.R
Philippines (only for Temporary Visitor visa and Entertainer visa)
Romania (only for Temporary Visitor visa)
Processing time for Business Visa to Japan:
Normally, visa processing takes 5 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Consulate, provided that there is no particular problem with the content of application. Meanwhile, it may take longer than usual if a large number of visa applications converge at a short-time period. Therefore, we advise you to start planning your trip in advance.
If there is any problem with the content of the application, the Embassy/Consulate General transmits the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo for further examination. In such cases issuance of a visa may take more than a month. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.
Urgent or express service is not available with the Consulate of Japan.
Collection of your passport:
We will call you when your passport is ready to collect from our office.
If you don’t have time to collect your passport, we can also arrange delivery to your home or office.
Please enquire at the time of submission or over the phone.
Why VTL TRAVEL?
We are STB licensed Singapore tour agency
You don't need to fight for reservation slots
We check all the documents for you
You can save your time and energy
Any Questions? Contact Us Now
We are STB (Singapore Tourism Board) licensed tour agency. STB Licence Number: TA03084
Reach out to us
If you have any questions or enquiries about the visa or tour, you can always find us in the ways below:
We will get back to you within 3-4 hours. If it’s urgent enquiry, just simply call us for the faster reply.
Other Types of Visa:
FAQs about Visa to Japan
Who Needs a Visa for Japan?
Whether you have to apply for a visa before you travel to Japan, depends on two things:
- Your nationality: Citizens of several countries are exempt from holding a visa when they travel to Japan for short-stay purposes (tourism, social visits, business, etc). The policy allows them a visa-free stay of up to 90 days.
- The length and purpose of your stay: Even citizens of visa-exempt countries have to apply for a Japanese Visa if they want to enter the country for employment, studying, marriage, or any other long-term purpose, or a purpose which requires them to work.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Japan Visa?
Normally, a Japan Visa is processed within five working days, starting from the time that the Embassy or Consulate receives your completed application. However, if they need further documentation from you, it will take longer. If they have to refer your visa for further examination to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, then the processing time for your Japan Visa could be extended to over a month.
As such, make sure to start the application well in advance of the time you intend to travel.
I want to postpone my travel. Until when is my visa valid?
The period of validity of a single-entry visa (that becomes invalid as soon as once you enter Japan) is basically three months. Enter Japan within three months of the issuance of the visa. If you wish to postpone your travel for longer than three months, you will be required to make another visa application.
Why was my visa application not accepted?
If any of the following cases apply to you, your application may not be accepted.
- (1) Applications from persons holding Japanese nationality
- (2) The application is made to the Japanese Embassy / Consulate General outside your country (region) of birth or country (region) of residence
- (3) You currently hold a valid visa or re-entry permit
- (4) Your previous visa application to visit Japan for a specific purpose was rejected and you reapply to visit Japan for the same purpose within six months from the rejection
- (5) The visa application is already being processed at a different Japanese Embassy / Consulate General
- (6) There are some errors or omissions in the submitted documents
- (7) The period of validity or the visa attachment space of your passport is insufficient
- (8) The application is made by a person who does not have the qualifications to make a proxy application
- (9) An application for issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility is still pending