Visa to Japan
One-stop Visa Application Service in Singapore
Visa Application Services to Japan
VTL Travel provide a smooth visa to Japan application process, includes a clear understand of the step-by step lodging procedure as well as a necessary set of the documents. With our years’ experience, we will make sure that all your application forms and documents are in the right order and completed in accordance with the standards of the Embassy of Japan. This will minumise the possibility of visa rejection and save your time & effort.
We offer assistance with the application process for the following categories of visas to Japan:
Application Fees for Visa to Japan
|Visa Type||Nationality||Consulate Fee (SGD)||Service Fee (SGD)||Total (SGD)|
Business & Tourist Visa
Business & Tourist Visa
|Transfer of a Visa||All passport||$0||$80||$80|
Step by Step Procedure for Visa to Japan
Check if you need visa to Japan
Check if you can apply visa to Japan in Singapore
Short-term residents, tourists, and temporary visitors have to apply for a visa in the Japanese Consulate or Embassy in their home countries. Exceptions are provided to foreigners holding an original Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Justice of Japan whereby a person can apply for a visa to Japan even being a short-term visitor in Singapore.
Check the validity of your passport
Choose the visa type
A tourist visa to Japan is granted to applicants who are travelling to Japan for a short-term stay for the purpose of tourism (sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, leisure) or business (business talks, after-sales service for machinery imported into Japan), medical check-up and medical treatment.
2) Business Visa
A multiple-entry business visa to Japan granted to applicants travelling to Japan for business purposes such as business talks, contract signing, after-sales service for machinery imported into Japan, etc.
3) Transit Visa
A transit visa to Japan is granted to applicants who are travelling to the 3rd country through Japan. Transit visa can be with a single or double entry, where each entry cannot exceed 15 days.
4) Transfer of Visa
If an applicant has a valid visa in their old passport to Japan, with the remaining validity of more than 1 year, they can arrange a transfer of this visa to their new passport.
For additional information, fees and the list of the required documents, refer to the Transfer of visa to Japan requirements and fees page.
Submit the documents to us, and we will process the visa application for you
1) Submit in person at our office
Office address: Level 2, 15 Beach Road, Beach Centre, Singapore, 189677
Opening hours: 10am - 6pm, Monday to Friday (closed on weekends and public holidays)
Email address: email@example.com
Contact number: +65 8809 9312
2) Send documents by courier
Save your time, just mail us the documents to our office address.
We will check all the documents before we submit to the embassy to process the application, if some documents are missing or invalid, you need to submit again.
Collect your passport
Any Questions? Contact Us Now
We are STB (Singapore Tourism Board) licensed tour agency. STB Licence Number: TA03084
Reach out to us
If you have any questions or enquiries about the visa or tour, you can always find us in the ways below:
We will get back to you within 3-4 hours. If it’s urgent enquiry, just simply call us for the faster reply.
Why VTL TRAVEL?
We are STB licensed Singapore tour agency
You don't need to fight for reservation slots
We check all the documents for you
You can save your time and energy
FAQs about Visa to Japan
Who Needs a Visa for Japan?
Whether you have to apply for a visa before you travel to Japan, depends on two things:
- Your nationality: Citizens of several countries are exempt from holding a visa when they travel to Japan for short-stay purposes (tourism, social visits, business, etc). The policy allows them a visa-free stay of up to 90 days.
- The length and purpose of your stay: Even citizens of visa-exempt countries have to apply for a Japanese Visa if they want to enter the country for employment, studying, marriage, or any other long-term purpose, or a purpose which requires them to work.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Japan Visa?
Normally, a Japan Visa is processed within five working days, starting from the time that the Embassy or Consulate receives your completed application. However, if they need further documentation from you, it will take longer. If they have to refer your visa for further examination to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, then the processing time for your Japan Visa could be extended to over a month.
As such, make sure to start the application well in advance of the time you intend to travel.
I want to postpone my travel. Until when is my visa valid?
The period of validity of a single-entry visa (that becomes invalid as soon as once you enter Japan) is basically three months. Enter Japan within three months of the issuance of the visa. If you wish to postpone your travel for longer than three months, you will be required to make another visa application.
Why was my visa application not accepted?
If any of the following cases apply to you, your application may not be accepted.
- (1) Applications from persons holding Japanese nationality
- (2) The application is made to the Japanese Embassy / Consulate General outside your country (region) of birth or country (region) of residence
- (3) You currently hold a valid visa or re-entry permit
- (4) Your previous visa application to visit Japan for a specific purpose was rejected and you reapply to visit Japan for the same purpose within six months from the rejection
- (5) The visa application is already being processed at a different Japanese Embassy / Consulate General
- (6) There are some errors or omissions in the submitted documents
- (7) The period of validity or the visa attachment space of your passport is insufficient
- (8) The application is made by a person who does not have the qualifications to make a proxy application
- (9) An application for issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility is still pending