Surabaya – Mount Bromo/Ijen Tour (3D/2N)
Explore both Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen, two popular highlights of East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience the beautiful sights these places have to offer, including a breathtaking sunrise at Penanjakan of Mount Bromo, and the Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen at Kawah Ijen. This will be a trip you won’t ever forget!
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. Hotel pick-up and drop-off at central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. This is quite a compact tour and you will finish visiting Bromo and Ijen in the shortest possible time. We recommend you to take the 4D3N tour instead if you have the choice.
The price of the tour is stated in the calendar widget to the right or at the bottom (If you are viewing on mobile) You can change the currency to view in your local currency by clicking on Book Now (You won’t be charged, you will just be led to a pop up) and it is on the top right hand corner of the pop up.
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Train station on your arrival time. Or pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Proceed to Madakaripura Waterfall.
- Check into Bromo Park Hotel. (If Bromo Park Hotel is not available, we will use Bromo Terrace Hotel) You will stay here for 1 night.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Mount Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep and includes local Bromo tour guide fee.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Mount Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to Jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area. Arrive around 6-7pm.
- Check in to Grand Padi Hotel (If Grand Padi Hotel is not available, we will check into Ijen View Hotel)
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding .
- Road trip 4-5 hours back to Surabaya city. (Or you can choose to drop off in Bali)
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Here we compiled the entrance fees some of the major attractions of Surabaya as well as the activities offered at each attraction. Rates may vary according to season and nationality.
- Entrance fees: Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park Estimated at Rupiah 350,000; Madakaripura Waterfalls & Motorbike Estimated at Rupiah 200,000, Kawah Ijen Estimated at Rupiah 250,000
- Activity fees: Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo (Estimated at Rupiah 150,000 for round trip)
We have included all that is needed except for :
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and dinner: 50,000 rupiah per meal per person but depends on what you order and where you dine.
- Tips: Optional but recommend in Indonesia
The rest that is not covered will be your personal travel insurance, personal expenses like souvenirs etc
In general, the period between March till November are the best months to visit Indonesia. This is the period of the dry season.
With that being said, we recommend customers not to be too bothered by it because you are only here for a few days , it is no guarantee that even if you come in the dry season, it won’t rain or it will always be rainy during the monsoon season. We believe alot is down to luck. December/August are still the peak period of tourist in Indonesia.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead. On the last day, we would offer free airport transfer from your hotel.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
Check Available Dates and Prices:
The prices are indicated above depending on the number of people.
As this is mainly an accommodation package, there is no children or senior citizen pricing.
If you are organising for odd number of people i.e. 3,5,7 or bigger groups, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc.
Have any questions?
Chat With Us On The Online Chat.
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.