Most Updated on June
In this short 5-min article, we’ve helped you compile the latest Bintan ferry schedule and answer a few other frequently answered questions (FAQs). You would be able to understand everything you need to know about travelling to Bintan.
Bintan is a perfect place to visit and explore during your holiday. Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere, experience various activities and savour delicious local cuisine!
Feel like Bintan is a great destination for your quick getaway from Singapore? Great! If you do not know how to get to Bintan and plan for the travel, no worries! We have prepared all the information for you from A to Z, especially about how to travel to Bintan by ferry.
But, before we move on, how about checking out our Bintan 2D1N & 3D2N All-inclusive Packages?
Our Bintan 2D1N & 3D2N All-inclusive Packages are inclusive of:
- 2-Way Ferry Tickets
- 2-Way Ferry to Hotel Transfer
- Daily Breakfast
- 1 or 2 Night at Hotel
Here are our list of Bintan hotels for all-inclusive packages:
If you are looking for short getaway to Bintan instead of those options above, you can also take a look at our 4 Bintan Day Tours with only price at $50/person! Check out which Bintan Day Tour would be great for you to make your Bintan getaway more enjoyable.
- Blue Lake & Sand Dunes and 500 Lohan Temples Bintan Day Tour
- Tanjung Pinang City Bintan Day Tour
- Safari Lagoi Bintan Day Tour
- Treasure Bay Bintan Day Tour
For more information, feel free to contact us!
Can Singaporeans travel to Bintan now?
Yes! Even greater news, Singaporeans are VISA-FREE (Leisure visa) because of 30 day Visa On Arrival (VOA)! Pre-departure ART is also NOT required.
For non-Singaporeans, if you belong to one of these nationalities, you are also NOT required to buy VOA.
- Brunei Darussalam
For other countries, please refer to our picture below.
If you are required to buy VOA, you can buy physically while queueing up for immigration or you can visit E-visa Indonesia website to pay for Visa in advance.
The visa costs 500,000 Rupiah (around S$44). When paying for VOA at Bintan, you have to pay in cash. Travelers who have to pay VOA fee can extend their visa once.
How to Get to Bintan from Singapore?
Taking ferry is the most easiest and cheapest way to get to Bintan from Singapore.
Bintan is just only 60-minute ferry ride away from Singapore. So, just seat back and enjoy your travel on the sea in air-conditioned room!
What are the Ferry Routes & Ferry Timings?
Currently, there are three ferry operators between Bintan and Singapore.
Normally, we would recommend taking Bintan Resort Ferries when getting to Bintan but other ferry operators are also great for the services and transportation.
There are few routes between Bintan and Singapore.
Route 1: Tanah Merah (Singapore) – Bandar Bentan Telani (Bintan)
- Ferry Operator(s): Bintan Resort Ferries
Route 2: Tanah Merah (Singapore) – Tanjung Pinang (Bintan)
View the attached infographic for the compiled list of Bintan ferry schedules – ferry departure and last ferry to Bintan.
Which Bintan Ferry Terminal should I Choose?
Choosing which Bintan ferry terminal to travel will depend on your itinerary and which hotel will you be staying during your Bintan holiday.
Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal is situated at the South West of Bintan while Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal is located at the North of Bintan.
Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal (TPFT) is near to hotels such as Hotel Citra, Hotel Panorama, Hotel Bintan Nirwana, and more. While there are few resorts nearby, there are many tourist attractions to visit such as Penyengat Island, Banyan Tree Temple, and Trikora Beach.
Bandar Bentan Telani (BBT) Ferry Terminal is near to resorts such as Treasure Bay Bintan, Natra Bintan, Anmon Bintan Resort, Nirwana Resort Hotel, and more! Unlike Tanjong Pinang, BBT does not have many attractions but natural environment places for you to enjoy water activities and the beauty of nature.
If you are looking for traveling around for attractions and various activities, Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal would be suitable while Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal would be great for travellers who are looking for staycation and enjoying the time at resorts!
If you are not sure what to do in Bintan, check out our article about ‘Top Activities and Places to Visit in Bintan‘ first!
Which Ferry Operator Should I Choose?
There are different options for you to choose, but it would be easier for you if you have decided which hotel you are staying and what time you are travelling to Bintan.
All ferry counters for Bintan in Singapore are located at Tanah Merah but destinations they offer are different. If you have decided to arrive at Bandar Bentan Telani ferry terminal, Bintan Resort Ferries would be suitable, while Sindo Ferry and Majestic Fast Ferry would be suitable for Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal.
Each ferry operator will provide you excellent service and smooth-sailing journey to Bintan. Each ferry can accommodate around 150 to 300 passengers.
To help you making the choice, here are some benefits of each ferry operator.
- The LARGEST ferry operator in Singapore
- Provides NTUC Plus card promotion ($5 discount), valid on any days, including public holidays
- offers free shuttle service between Changi Airport and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for Majestic Fast Ferry Passenger. Check their website for more details.
- Provides voucher ticket bundles
- BRF Deli provides various light snacks from spaghetti to cup noodles and beverages such as wine and beer to enjoy during your travel
How to book the ticket? How much does the ticket cost?
Bintan ferry ticket price vary based on ferry company, distance travelled & weekday, weekend or public holidays. There are NO discounts for children (same price as adults).
The table below only indicated the return ticket price only. You can check the details on their respective websites.
* Bintan Resort Ferries tickets might price up too $100/adult and $88/child during peak hours
* The ticket price for Majestic Ferry might be different depending on time, date, and hours of purchase
What are Bintan-Singapore Travel Requirements?
For fully-vaccinated Singaporeans, here are the MANDATORY travel requirements:
- 2 way ferry ticket
- 6 months passport validity
- Peduli Lindungi app
For COVID-19 enquiries / VISA / specific details, click here.
Additional Information on Singapore-Bintan & Tips
- There is a 1 hour time difference between Singapore and Batam. Batam is 1h behind Singapore. (E.g. When it is 3pm in Singapore, the Indonesia time is 2pm)
- Please arrive at the departure ferry terminal 90 minutes before departure time for check-in and immigration. Don’t forget to bring your passports and ferry tickets. Collect your boarding pass after check-in.
- Passengers who are prone to sea-sickness are encouraged to bring motion relief medicine.
- Refund is NOT allowed.
- Book early to secure the ferry date and timing you prefer.
For more information about Bintan, you can check our other blogposts:
If you have any enquiries, feel free to contact us!