Mount Bromo & Ijen & Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour (5D/4N)
This is our most popular tour package for exploring Mount Bromo, Mount Ijen and Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. Tumpak Sewu, which means a thousand waterfalls, is the most spectacular and best waterfall in Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Mount Ijen and see one of the highest waterfalls in Indonesia.
The package includes hotel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 5D4N. Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided. Bali drop-off, entrance fee and travel insurance are available as add-ons.
If you are organising for bigger groups over 14 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Surabaya Train Station on your arrival time. If you are already at Surabaya, we will pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Malang area. around 2 – 3 hours driving.
- Visit Kampung Warna Warni Malang, the different murals of varying colours to brighten up the neighbourhood.
- Check into Hotel Atria Malang. (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Enjoy breakfast in hotel
- Pick up from hotel and drive to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. This journey is around 2 – 3 hours.
- Explore Tumpak Sewu waterfall.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area. Driving distance around 3 – 4 hours.
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel. (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead). You will stay here for 1 night.
- *If you choose to add on Milky Way Tour (Additional SGD50/pax), we will pick you up at around 10pm instead of 2:30am. Kindly note that the best time to see the milky way is during the new moon season*
- Pick up from the hotel at 2:30 – 3am for Mount Bromo Sunrise.
- Take a 1 hour private 4WD jeep ride to Mount Bromo.
- Hike for 10 – 15 minutes to reach the sunrise viewpoint.
- Watch the spectacular sunrise from vantage point/s (there are 4 viewpoints nearby, our guide will choose the less crowded one for you, the view is similar).
- Back to the 4WD jeep and drive for 30 – 40 minutes to the Sea of Sand.
- Cross Sea of Sand. You can walk through (30 – 40 minutes) or ride on a horse (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot).
- Climb 250 stairs to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Return to your private Jeep at around 8 – 9am and travel back to the hotel.
- Enjoy breakfast, freshen up and check out by 12pm.
- Travel to Banyuwangi, around 6 – 7 hours of driving.
- Check into El Hotel Royale Banyuwangi, you will stay here for 2 nights (If this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead).
This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Mount Ijen. Below are some recommended activities (within 100km round trip):
- 1) De Djawatan Forest (Jawatan Benculuk)
- 2) Jagir Waterfall
- 3) Telemung Village
- 4) Chill at nearby beaches (e.g. Pantai Boom)
Kindly note that if you would like to explore somewhere that is more than 100 KM (round trip), you will have to pay the driver for the additional fuel cost.
Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
- Pick up from the hotel and check out at 12 midnight and travel to the Paltuding area. (*We will pick you up at 2am if the blue fire is closed*)
- Hike for 2 – 3 hours to Mount Ijen Summit.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. *As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed*.
- Finish Mount Ijen hiking by 8 – 9 am.
- Travel back to Surabaya City, about 6 – 7 hours driving.
- Drop you off at Surabaya Airport / your hotel in Surabaya by 4:30pm.
- *If you choose to drop off at Bali (Additional SGD100/pax), this is the route: After Ijen hiking, we will drive you to Ketapang Port to take 1-hour ferry to Gilimanuk Port in Bali. Then continue driving to your hotel in Bali with same car and driver, this is a 4-5 hours journey. Usually you will reach Bali hotel at around 6-7pm. The add-on includes ferry ticket and the car with driver.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle:
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1-4 Pax Group – Toyota Avanza 5 Seater
5 Pax Group – Toyota Innova 7 Seater
7-10 Pax Group – Toyota Hiace 11 Seater
For travel to Gunung Penanjakan, Sand Sea and Whispering Savannah, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Generally, our tours are all inclusive except for Entrance fee/s and meals (lunch & dinner) during the tour.
For lunch and dinner expenses, you can budget it at around 50,000 rupiah/meal or about 5SGD/meal or 4USD/meal. It greatly depends on what you order and where you dine.
As for the entrance fees, we usually state in the tour details or you can pay through us first as a selected option.
Yes. Kindly chat with us for the best date to see the Milky Way. You will be picked up around 10pm instead of 2:30am. You will head to a nearby peak such as Mount Pananjakan, Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill or Seruni Point where you can view the Milky Way. Avid photographers should bring suitable camera equipment such as tripod for Milky Way Photography. You would then continue with the standard itinerary for sunrise views over Mt Bromo. The extra cost is SGD50/pax.
It cost around 100K IDR for one way trip to cross the sand sea on a horse. For a return trip, it will cost around 200K IDR. Note that the horse ride ends close to the start of the stairs to Mt Bromo crater. You will still have to climb the flight of steps up to the crater. Horse ride is entirely optional and you can also walk across the sand sea which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to try to get a better deal.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy– wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection. (Akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears (swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, booties/sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes, towel).
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour Mount Bromo seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.